If I knew the first thing about most of the issues, I'd be more help.
XMLBeans has helped me learn a few things about XML and schemas in general.
Most of our issues are "high level"; i.e., not just minor bug fixes. For
those interested:

- Documentation on getting XMLBeans to run on the NetBeans platform and/or
an OSGi container would be helpful. With JARs in different modules,
XMLBeans can't find dependent libraries (i.e., finding Saxon to do XPath
queries).

- XMLBeans is advertised as DOM Level 2 compliant, but that doesn't seem to
include the DOM Level 2 event model. In the grand scheme of things, there's
no way I'm aware of to listen for add/edit/remove events in XMLBeans. We've
ended up writing our own and firing the events as needed.

- XML Digital Signatures requires that ID attributes be identified as xs:ID
attributes in the schema. XMLBeans' DOM doesn't support this as it's a DOM
Level 3 feature. Digitally signing documents requires us to reparse the
document as DOM.

If I had the ability to address some of these issues or even provide
guidance, I'd do so. My knowledge to date is that of an end user; I
understand the problem, but not a path to the solution.