Hi Paul,

make the line

<result property="pnoticeCompanyNo" column="P_NOTICE_COMPANY_NO" javaType="long"
jdbcType="INTEGER"/>

<result property="pnoticeCompanyNo" column="P_NOTICE_COMPANY_NO" javaType="long"
jdbcType="INTEGER" nullValue="0"/>

This is ridiculous, I know.  I have also wasted so much time on this thing
before.  But the issue
is since it is a privimitive type and if the sql returns a NULL it throws an
nullpointer
exception.

Rgds

Prashanth Sukumaran.

--- Paul Glezen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm having trouble with a query for a Product class that has an attribute
> named "pNoticeComanyNumber."
>
> --------- Begin Error Message ----------
> 12:11:34:895 ERROR ibatis.IbatisProductMaintenance - SQL error:
> --- The error occurred in productMap.xml.
> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
> --- Check the Product.getProductResult.
> --- The error happened while setting a property on the result object.
> --- Cause: com.ibatis.common.beans.ProbeException: There is no WRITEABLE
> property named 'pNoticeCompanyNo' in class 'xyz.ProductEntityBean'
> --------- End Error Message ------------
>
> I've checked to verify the attribute exists and is indeed writable (a
> public setter exists).  Of about 20 attributes, four of them have capitals
> in the second letter.  And it's only these four attributes that give me
> grief.  If I don't include these attributes in my result map, my query
> works fine.
>
> I tried changing the name from "pNoticeCompanyNo" to "pnoticedCompanyNo"
> (along with the gettings/setters).  My error message changes to:
>
> --------- Begin Error Message ----------
> --- The error occurred in productMap.xml.
> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
> --- Check the Product.getProductResult.
> --- The error happened while setting a property on the result object.
> --- Cause: com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error
> setting properties of '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.  Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:188)
>       at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForObject(GeneralStatement.java:104)
>       at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForObject(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:561)
>       at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForObject(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:536)