Hi Jeff, is there a way to make abator only generate the DAO’s and leave the VO’s alone and SQLMaps alone ? (the DTD seems to enforce all must be generated )

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
10 March 2006 17:28
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to make dao's / vo's more polymorphic

Yes - that's a difficult problem on many levels.  First there's the difficulty of the introspection (and what to do if there's a collision).  Second there's the issue of classloading - in Eclipse it would be difficult to see the base class because the plugin has a different classloader than the Eclipse project (this can be solved in Eclipse 3.1 with OSGi buddy classloaders, but complex).  Initially, I would probably take the easy way out and generate a warning message if possible.  Other than that, it would be the responsibility of the user to make sure this wouldn't happen.

Jeff Butler