Title: Two quick questions..
I'll add to those questions

1) Be careful when updating cached data in a transactional environment.  If you update a cached object, then calling a rollback will undo db changes but not changes to the object in memory.  You should clone cached object before updating in this case.

2) If you set ibatis to flush the cache on a update it will not work correctly in a clustered environment.  Only one instance in the cluster would have its cached flushed.

From: Lingala, Sadasiva [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 20 April 2006 7:23 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Two quick questions..

1. Can I selectively use lazy loading for some results but not others? How do I specify this? I only see one global setting in sqlMapConfig.xml.

2. How does iBatis caching know that data/object to be retrieved is already in cache? Does it use SQL statement as key or some thing? Does Bean need to implement any methods to support caching?

Thanks

"DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and may also be the subject of legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

Before you take any action based upon advice and/or information contained in this email you should carefully consider the advice and information and consider obtaining relevant independent advice.