you will need that if needed. I tried to give a normal scenario. Usually, you call a query obtain an id from that use that to call another query to get further details. Say, I call

select * from employee. So I get dept id also which is a foreign key. Use this dept id to call select name from department where deptid=#value#

So this is your EMP_ID. Just  as an example.