THANKS!!!!! ..... I just had to add the "commitRequired=true" option on the
iBATIS  sqlMapconfig.xml....So it looks like:

<transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="true">

As you mention, apparently DB2 requires commits on reads and the other
connection pool implementations (non-GlassFish) take care of this for you.

Also thanks to Mario Briggs for helping me work thru this....

Jeff

>>> Stephen Boyd <swb...@gmail.com> 4/17/2009 11:36 AM >>>
I am not sure if you have this figured out already, but I use Websphere and
DB2, and a couple years ago we were trying to understand if a read transaction
needed to be committed. Apparently it does for the connection to be returned to
the connection pool and Websphere does it implicitly as we later found out. Can
you instruct or are you instructing the external transaction manager to issue a
commit for reads?