On 11/20/05, Frank Bueters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found, back when I was playing with Angle of Incedence,
> that reflections of reflecting objects went black ... I didnt
> think it through but suspected that light was cancelling
> itself or even adding to negative values.

Hi Neil,

Haven't tried it, but this is not what prevented my skydome from showing up.
I had placed the illumination texture under an illumination shader, while it
should have been under a surface properties shader. Don't have a clue why
but it works. Thanks though.

It works because surface properties is used even if there's no lights in the scene; surface illumination is used once per every light. This is why the HDR suddenly worked when you added a weak light to the scene.

Frank