From: Neil Cooke
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:43 PM
Subject: Shadow Error

Second post since the the first didnt make it ... so resampled the jpg.

Hi List,

Attached JPG shows a render from a perspective camera and on the right an ortho camera. Analytic cylinders show an incorrect dark artifact that is not possible from the lighting.

I would like to render this scene in perspective but cant beat this thing.

Tried different illumination materials, etc., but all fail . . . although some give strange results within the areas concerned.

Only some cylinders imported or copied from an old file show this thing.

No artifacts show if I select "doesnt cast shadow" for the objects or "no shadows" from the light ... but while the artifact is gone so too is any scene dynamic.

Hoping there's a fairly simple fix since there are about 3,000 of these cylinders in the scene. Meanwhile I'll continue pressing buttons.

Neil Cooke