George,
Do you have RS installed in  the usual place /usr/local/ ?  Have you
checked to see that you have r3cube.js ? ;)
I have not looked close at Frank's script, but it does not use r3cube,
anyway.
BTW, the script works for me under Linux, excepting the clock.

Zaug

--
My love of the  halfling's leaf has clearly slowed my mind.
8?o