Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Real Space 3D Drawing

Hello Neil,

We use Photomodeler from EOS Systems Inc. http://www.photomodeler.com/ Its a software solution, rather than a hardware one. But It works out cheaper and it uses Photometry to create a 3D model from Photos taken of an object from various angles. It is still very time consuming for input, and models are easier to input if you draw a grid on them first. The big advantage of this system is that you can input an object of almost any size (as big as a church or as small as a flea), as long as you can get enough photos from various angles. The other advantage is that the Textures can be captured at the same time and nailed to the model.

Hope this helps,

Chris Sellars
Morsel Animation