Think of it like this: to see if the light is 'shadowed' or not, a ray
is shot away from the surface (in the opposite direction of the
light); if it hits something, the light is shadowed.

On 01/06/06, George Jenner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 31 May 2006 16:30:15 +0200, BT-3D <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is the normal behaviour of distant lights because they have no orgin
> and so what you can move them where ever you want. The only thing that
> counts is the rotation (the direction) of the light not it's position.

Thanks for the reply Tim.  But I thought if they have no origin, then
everywhere is an origin - as if all points in space were spontaneously
generating photons all the time and shooting them in the same direction.
So I don't immediately understand why a celestial sphere that accepts
shadows would turn all the lights off.  I'll assume it's more a matter of
programming than philosophy and check the shadow box.

George