Hi Guys,

Sorry about the empty mail - slip of the hand and a dead brain :) Anyway here you go ...

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10722

The latest version of Silo [ ver 2 Beta ] has been released as a fully functional demo licence for as long as this beta period lasts [ no restrictions ] so all can load and use.

Why mention this at the REALSOFT List? Silo is a very capable modeler ONLY with Sculpting at its heart [ Again similar to ZBRUSH ]. Silo is also very cheap - around $100 or so. As this app has no Renderer etc it may fit in nicely beside REALSOFT to offer Sculpting. Which is contemporary to the list at the moment as Matthias has been talking about ZBrush and Realsoft. The inner mechanisms of porting back and forth - well download, have a look and see whats possible.

Previously I mentioned that Blender v2.44 now also has Sculpt tools added, Matthias did point out that to import into Realsoft one ends up with a heavy mesh, this of course is true. As far as I know their are moves to rectify this with phrases like normal mapping and tangent space being knocked about at the Blender forums [ www.blenderartists.org - click on Forum, search ]

Matthias, I am pointing out Silo and Blender as alternatives - maybe - as most may not be able to afford ZBrush. Maybe others will try and see the import/export possibilities between Blender / Silo and Realsoft. Maybe I will - if I get hold of a precious commodity called time.

For Silo info - http://www.nevercenter.com/  - the product site itself

Again, this is silo v2 beta by the way - and its a modeler - no render app, etc, so can be used alongside RS.

ALSO:
Happy days, Remember this one - BABYLON 5

http://babylon5.warnerbros.com

its back - heres the trailer, click on the Babylon 5 Lost Tales tab
and if you are an old fan - pre order on DVD $19.95 - http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=21616

Cheers
Aidan