When you look at 720 or 1080p material on 740 projector, I would say that
720 resolution is good enough. I have seen these 1080p projectors and they are'nt that much better. If you look Blue-ray Gladiator for example in 720, there's not so much difference
compared to 1080p.
.
I own Sanyo Z4 and its still better projector than the most in a same category (Z5 is a waste of time).

And yes, I allways enjoy my movies in a darkness :)

Ville

Matthias Kappenberg wrote:
Yepp. Contrast and scaler...
Watching DVD on large screens can be cruel.

Matthias

The problem is not to get a projector that is bright enough - the
problem is to get it dark enough! As I understand it, the contrast
ratio of modern projectors is very good but they still appear to be
made for corporate Power Point presentations in well lit rooms. In
these environments it must be difficult to get black spots really
black. I still recommend that you turn off the lights and close the
blinds if you want to enjoy a good movie. Preferably, ask your
favourite partner to join you on the couch too. :)

Regards,
Fredrik Bergholtz