Hello from sunny California :

  Bad acid , or an elaborate Chinese Puzzle ? Hang on to your
hats as I take us through the current bizzaro-world of java
script testing ...

Frank :

  I see you posted on the RS forum  "new version 1.61" , but
the file you posted to the list was
"frankolinos_nurbshelper151_.zip" .

  This got me thinking , so I tried your zip file (that won't
run on my V6) , on V5sp3 . I managed to get this working (fin-
ally) and noticed that the toolbar stated it to be
'Frankolinos NurbsCurve Helper XL 1.61B' .

  In your included Docs you make no mention of 'XL 1.61b' .

  Anyway , here's what I discovered about the annoying jpeg
file problem , as well as the troubles I encountered with
this latest version to run .

  Let's start with the zip file .

1) It needs to be named correctly .
2) It needs an update on the html file (it's 2 years old)
3) The docs need to mention your ... ... _Pro_151_Helix.js
4) When you unzip it , it creates a folder
  /frankolinos_nurbshelper151_ . Inside THIS folder is the
  actual folder that a user will need to place in their
  RS/Scripting Folder in order for your script to run .

  Notice that the 2 folder names are just slightly diff-
erent so as to suck the life out of someone ? In short
you need to eliminate the first folder in the zip file .

  That brings us to the matter of your script's place of
residence on our hard drive . V1.61B will not run unless
the jpeg file resides in ...

:\RS\scripting\frankolinos_nurbshelper151\

 The folder _Must_ be named as such , and it must include
the .jpeg file there , and only there . Any deviation will
result in an error message .

  However , on my system , I was able to get the script to
run if I placed the script in the :\rs\scripting folder ,
as long as I ran another java script file first (and the
jpeg file was where it needs to be) . No idea why that
is happening , and maybe it's just my setup (not sure) .

  Now it's time to mention your previous script ...
"Frankolinos Nurbs Curve & Helix Helper Pro V1.51" .

  The jpeg MUST be in :\RS\scripting\ , or else it will
cause problems . You can move the script to it's own
folder and it _Might_ run, but don't move the jpeg .

  These are great scripts that can and have caused a lot
of hair pulling and cold sweats , simply because of a
few tiny little errors . Once again , it is very important
to do all the little things correctly , such as ...

- Name the zip file correctly
- Update the Docs with each version release
- Notify the user about the jpeg hazard
- get others to test it out first , as well as yourself

  I haven't tested the actual functionality of this script
so maybe someone else can take the baton and run with it
for a while ?

Thanks for your great scripts , Frank !

garry