Hey Henry,
Re starting a new message / thread at the Userlist just make sure your FROM
email address is the one you used to join the list in the first place. This
might / might not be the issue, just was in my brain when you mentioned your
problem.
To ask questions live, another alternative is the Realsoft 3D Chat ( IRC ).
You can access this at:
QUAKEnet server channel: #realsoft3d
The app I use on my PC to get at IRC is mIRC:
http://www.mirc.com/
Best time seems to be "after Tea" 6/7pm on GMT. I am in there always as
bobthe3Dbuilder :D - Though sometimes there in spirit and not actually if I
need to go to customer land or ZZZ. Best idea is log in and hang out - leave
the app open.
Cheers
Aidan ( Ireland )