On Monday 08 Feb 2010, Mats Bertil Tegner wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm currently testing Realsoft 3D Demo v6.1 SP1 Linux and I get
> the following error when running realsoft3d under Slackware64
> 13.0: bash-3.1$ realsoft3d
> libavcodec.so.51: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory libavcodec.so.51: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory 15:15:03    r3root_.c/ 557: Cannot Read
> Object 'AVI', Class Not Installed (570)
>
> I have installed the ffmpeg package but the libavcodec.so is
> newer: bash-3.1$ ls /usr/lib64 |grep libavcodec
> libavcodec.a
> libavcodec.so
> libavcodec.so.52
> libavcodec.so.52.36.0
>
> Anybody know of a workaround for this error?
>
> Regards,
> Mats Tegner

The only way of guaranteeing the full functionality is to install
the required library.  If you don't need the AVI functionality then
you can ignore the messages.

You could try setting up a symlink from your libavcodec.so.52 to
libavcodec.so.51 but if the library entry points have changed
between those two versions then you'll likely just get a different
error message and still won't have the functionality.

LeeE