Blaisorblade wrote:
>> then all is well - just my
>> inexperience showing. But it would also be nice to have an indication one
>> way or the other in a prominent place.
>>

> Well, stating clearly such a thing is a very good idea - can you do it,
> Antoine?

Sure, the only issue that I can think of is that all the 2.6.x kernels
work with all the filesystems (for me anyway) and so the only thing that
I could potentially add to the web pages is a warning for the
filesystems that do require 2.6 (IIRC Fedora, SuSE, Mandriva, Ubuntu ? ...)

Note: most "older" filesystems can be made to work with kernel 2.4 with
some minor surgery (ie: static dev,)
But anything that is based on glibc >= 2.4 will not (confusing isn't it!)

Getting a few people to report which combinations do/don't work would
also be quite helpful.

Antoine