Chaps,

I'm creating a script to generate a Slackware 12.0 based root file system and
also a script to run the uml machine.  I'm running into a spot of bother - it
seems to mount the filesystem but complains about 'unknown partition type'
and cannot write to the disk (image) even if I pass 'rw' on the uml command
line.  See extract of boot sequence below.  This I think is preventing udev
from working.

One issue that is a little cloudy is whether a root image needs to be an image
of a file system or an image of a disk with partition table, partitions
containing file systems.  Googling and examining working file systems I have
downloaded indicates the former, as well as my previous uml experience.

Any ideas?  Thanks,

Pete

Root filesystem build script at:

http://www.petezilla.co.uk/mkroot4

Part of the output from the uml boot sequence:

NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Initialized stdio console driver
Console initialized on /dev/tty0
Initializing software serial port version 1
 ubda: unknown partition table
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on ubda, internal journal
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem).
line_ioctl: tty0: ioctl KDSIGACCEPT called
INIT: version 2.86 booting
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
Starting udevd:  /sbin/udevd --daemon
Triggering udev events:  /sbin/udevtrigger
udevd-event[1220]: node_symlink: symlink(pty/s112, /dev/ttyw0) failed: No
space
left on device
udevd-event[1221]: udev_node_mknod: mknod(/dev/pty/s113, 020660, 3, 113)
failed:
 No space left on device

--
Peter Chant