On 01/09/15 11:07, Vijay Tandeker wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>          - Downloaded "linux-3.18.20.tar.xz" from kernel.org
>          - compiled it for UML using "ARCH=um".
>          - Downloaded "Ubuntu-TrustyTahr-i386-root_fs" and
> "Fedora21-x86-root_fs".
>          - Still same issue with Ubuntu as well as Fedora root_fs.
>
>          - If needed, I can send the boot logs also.
>
>  My system configuration:
>  - Ubuntu-14.04 32 bit
>  - Kernel : 3.19
>
>           - Should I download the latest source for kernel v4.0 and above ?
>
> Regards,
> Vijay

The web page you downloaded these root_fs images from (judging by the
filenames used) does mention that some of these images have problems
with the tty devices.
Building new kernels is unlikely to fix that.

These images are meant to be generic, for use as chroot, UML or other.
And they are far from perfect.
So if you find a fix, please share it.

Cheers
Antoine