> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Balaco Baco <balacob...@imap.cc> wrote:

> >> The website is very old and from the pre-mainline time.
> >> If you volunteer to update and maintain it it would be wonderful.
> >>
> >> I'm not a web designer nor do I have the time for this.
> >>

> > Really?! I would never bet that it was that old.
> >
> > I can update it. And I also have a little bit of web design knowledge
> > and practices that may be eventually useful. On the other hand, I would
> > need directions and thumbs up to guarantee that the contents are kept
> > correct (which would be my main objetive when changing texts). I have
> > not programmed that much kernel code and "related or almost so" things,
> > although I have a solid C background - and this is something that UML
> > seems to have a broad contact surface, from the messages I have read
> > here.
> >
> > At most a month of medium site changes are good as expectations?
> > Although most of the time I can give a few hours per week, so that month
> > should not look too bad.
> >
> > What would be the process? If only with you directly, I guess we
> > continue to talk about it between us.
>
> Create a concept and share it. :-)

I do not have a final working step by step from zero until now. One is
giving compiling errors. The working UML (unknown origin, I don't know
how I made that before) + Debian64 downloaded (and how changed a bit
after booting it)... but it has no network, and I don't know why is
that. Can you tell? Not even a ping works: "Network is unreachable". The
host machine is normal, of course.

Basic question: how to shutdown a running UML? How are we suppose to do
it? Running 'shutdown now' from that Debian does not turn it off. Must I
open another SSH session to kill it, or just close the session if
nothing else is needed?

I'm used http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/source.html as a base to
what I have done (although I "updated" the suggested version there, as
discussed before). And changed almost nothing in the default config
before compiling...

When I have something that works, that source.html page is easy to
improve and needs many changes. Output of wget... not useful at all - we
surely can assume users will know how to download and extract files,
right?

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web