On Wed, Nov 11, 2015, at 14:07, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Balaco Baco <balacob...@imap.cc> wrote:

> >> You did not configure a connection.
> >> tuntap is a common method.
> >>

> > To add something like 'eth0=tuntap,,,192.168.1.100' to the command line
> > is enough? Or I must change some config step that is not the default?
>
> Depends on your setup.
> A common setup is " eth0=tuntap,tap0".
> i.e. create a tap0 in your host and setup routing/ips.

I (yet) have no clue what a tap is. Searches¹ did not ring many clear
bells for me.

¹https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=uml+user+mode+linux+tuntap

My setup is what I have showed here. I have a AMD64 Debian image
(Debian-Wheezy-AMD64-root_fs). The compile config I have showed here (I
did not change anything besides a few options of the given default, and
most of the tries I did not do these changes).

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow