On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Corey Nolet <cno...@texeltek.com> wrote:
> That's funny you bring that up- because I was JUST discussing this as a
> possibility with a coworker. Compaction is really the phase that I'm
> concerned with- as the API for loading the data from the TopN currently only
> allows you to load the last N keys/values for a single index at a time.
>
> Can I guarantee that compaction will pass each row through a single filter?

yes and no.   The same iterator instance is used for an entire
compaction and only inited and seeked once.   However sometimes
compactions only process a subset of a tablets files..   Therefore you
can not garuntee you will see all columns in a row, you may only see
subset.  Also if you have locality groups enabled, each localitly
group is compacted separately.