Hi, Keith

Thanks for the hint to use iterator for that.

Although this approach can help in my case, it may be tricky to use it
in other cases, because (as far as I understood), with iterator one
can throttle the uncompressed data and actual throttling of the hard
disk operations would depend on the data compressibility in the tablet
being compacted and can vary widely.

I opened the ticket ACCUMULO-1128.