>What's the expected size of your unique key set? Thousands? Millions?
Billions?

This project is something to occupy me my spare time. And it's intended to
explore aspects of Accumulo that I haven't needed to use yet. In the past,
I simply ran a map-reduce job using the Word Counting technique.

tl;dr - The expected size of the unique key key would be in the millions.
Too large to calculate on-the-fly for a web application.