On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Andrew Wells <awe...@clearedgeit.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am working for a client, and they keep getting TABLET_LOAD problems.
>>

> Okay.
>

>> I am assuming it means that the tablet is being overloaded, but there
>> really isn't any definition of what this means, or its cause.
>>

> No, it means there is a problem loading the tablet.  The master has
> assigned it, and the tablet server is having trouble loading it.
>
> One possible problem is that the files for the tablet are missing.
> Another might be a missing or corrupt recovery log.
>
> These are serious errors.

This is the kind of information we need in the administrators guide

>>  This also goes for other problem statuses like FiILE_READ FILE_WRITE
>>

> These should be accompanied by messages about the files in question.
>
>  Under heavy load, HDFS read/write errors will bubble up to accumulo, and
> it will post these errors.

Same as top. Do you (or anyone reading) know of common configuration
problems that cause this? Resolutions?

>> As accumulo get bigger, we may want to have a dictionary of Problem
>> Status, Problems, and Resolutions
>>

> A dictionary should probably have, types of errors/warnings, definitions,
>> common problems and resolutions.
>>

> Have you read the troubleshooting section of the user's manual?  If there
> is something you would like to see there, make a ticket:

I read google, the only thing i found was something written by billie.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO/
>
> As always, contributions are welcome.

I'll try to make some tickets tonight. If people don't mind listing
definitions of status as well as generic problems and solutions in this
thread, I could reference this email chain in the ticket as a resource.

--
*Andrew George Wells*
*Software Engineer*