Hm, I think, that bug is much older, which has been fixed in 1.5 or
next minor 1.4.x. Unfortunately, I did not put the bug number in code
comment (only

conn.tableOperations.setProperty(tableName, "table.walog.enabled",
"false") // avoid Accumulo 1.4 bug with recovery from empty logs
(fixed in 1.5)

), so it was long time before ACCUMULO-3182's Sep-2014 and I have seen
here in the mailing list or in the bugtracker that it was fixed in
1.5)