On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@stevens.edu>
wrote:

> Hello Sean,
>
> The intended destination is a contrib project to Accumulo.  We will first
> develop as an outside project: Graphulo <http://graphulo.mit.edu/>.  We
> will create an open source Java library that implements the GraphBLAS
> functions, along with a few algorithms on top of them showing how we may
> use them for analytics.  Users can use the GraphBLAS functions and
> algorithms directly, and developers can build more algorithms on top of
> them following the template we've crafted.
>
> I believe the project can be implemented without any changes to Accumulo
> core.  That said, some changes to Accumulo core may make the implementation
> easier or increase performance.  Looking forward to feedback.
>
> The stored procedure generalization / analogy came up as we thought through
> designs.  It seems like many users could benefit from the concept.
>
> Regards,
> Dylan Hutchison

That sounds like a great contrib. Depending on how far along you already
are with the code, it might be better to start as a contrib now. (Presuming
the PMC would be in favor of it.)

Once substantial development has happened*, getting the code brought in as
a contrib will require going through the ASF IP Clearance process[1]. It's
certainly doable, but will take time.

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

--
Sean