Hi Madhvi,

Thanks for posting this. I'm not super familiar, but my hunch is that Spark requires objects that it works with to implement the Java Serializable interface.

Accumulo deals with Key (and Value) through Hadoop's Writable interface (technically WritableComparable, but still stems from Writable). I'm not sure if there's a way that you can inform Spark to use the Writable interface methods instead of Serializable.

If there isn't a way to do this, I don't see any reason why we couldn't make Key (and Value) also implement Serializable for this use case. Please open an issue on JIRA for this -- we can track the investigation there.

Thanks!

- Josh

madhvi wrote:
Hi,

While connecting to accumulo through spark by making sparkRDD I am
getting the following error:
object not serializable (class: org.apache.accumulo.core.data.Key)

This is due to the 'key' class of accumulo which does not implement
serializable interface.How it can be solved and accumulo can be used
with spark

Thanks
Madhvi