So that I can work through the issue, were you using the mailing list
messages or the user guide:

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual.html#_migrating_from_non_ha_to_ha

Could you get the specific version string off of the parcel? the only ones
I'm aware of are:

* accumulo-1.6.0-cdh5.1.0
* accumulo-1.6.0-cdh5.1.4

That latter release was March 19th. The list of upstream changes that are
included on top of the Apache 1.6.0 are here:

http://archive.cloudera.com/accumulo-c5/cdh/5/accumulo-1.6.0-cdh5.1.4.releasenotes.html

If there's something from a later release that you'd like to see that's not
there, I'd love to hear about it.

--
Sean