phil wrote:
were you able to solve this problem?

I have the same configuration (accumulo 1.6 in a cluster deployed through
Cloudera Manager version 5.1.) and in my case the command i get no answer
when I execute

  ./accumulo proxy -p /opt/aderahadoop/accumulo/proxy/proxy.properties

What do you mean by "I get no answer"?

Do you realize that the process is just launched in the foreground?

the content of the proxy.properties file is

useMockInstance=false
useMiniAccumulo=false
protocolFactory=org.apache.thrift.protocol.TCompactProtocol$Factory
tokenClass=org.apache.accumulo.core.client.security.tokens.PasswordToken
port=42424
maxFrameSize=16M

instance=accumulo
zookeepers=192.168.1.238:2181