The Accumulo cluster is working fine(all other processes running) but yesterday I restarted one node on which hadoop datanode, zookeeper node, tserver, monitor were running. I started all the processes again but Monitor did not start. I stoped the cluster and restarted but monitor still did not appear.

I have JMX configured for monitor process. Visual vm showing everything like monitor is running.. When I start it again from the master server with command "*start-server.sh ip monitor*" it says monitor is already running with pid. I can check the process is running with " *ps -ef | grep pid*" But as port 50095 is not running simply I can not access the in browser too. I have checked for the firewalls are stopped.

And not only on specific server if I start monitor on other servers the behaviour is exactly same either JMX is configured or not. Logs have no error. I also have checked there is no memory issue. One more strange behaviour noticed, If I stop cluster it does not stop cleanly and I have to press ctrl+c and when I start the cluster after start the login prompt hangs forever and I have open another window and again ssh to master again to work on it.

Please suggest, I am using Apache Accumulo 1.7.0.

Thanks
Mohit Kaushik