So, for a batch scan, the merge is not required but, for a scan, since it
returns sorted data, data from tserver1 and tserver2 is merged at the
client?

I know how to write iterators but I can't vsiualize the workflow. Lets say
in the same example I have 3 custom iterators to be applied on data: it1,
it2, it3 respectively. When are the iterators applied:

1. scan on tserver -> client -> it1 on tserver -> client -> it2 on tserver
-> client -> it3 on tserver -> client
I'm sure this is not the case, it adds a lot of overhead

2. scan on tserver ->  it1 on tserver ->  it2 on tserver  -> it3 on tserver
-> client
The processing is done in batches?
Data is returned to the client when it reaches the max limit for
table.scan.max.memory even if it is in the middle of the pipeline above?

Best regards,
Yamini Joshi