I would double-check your spelling, extra spaces, or generally malformed input data.

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/shell/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/shell/commands/ImportTableCommand.java#L33

You can see that the importtable shell command makes the same exact invocation that you have copied. This means it is likely that something in your properties is incorrect.

vaibhav thapliyal wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to import an accumulo table from an HDFS directory. However
when i use the importtable function in the java API I get the following
error:

org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloException: Table import
directory /backup/Data_records does not exist!

I have verified that this directory exists in hdfs. Even then I am not
able to import data through this directory because of this error.

Here is the call to the importtable function:

destConnector.tableOperations().importTable(prop.getProperty("tablename"),
                     prop.getProperty("targetClusterDirectory"));

I would also like to add that the importtable command works using the
accumulo shell.

Please help.
Thanks
Vaibhav