Just to clarify: compactions don't implicitly change the table "distribution". The number and/or boundaries of tablets don't change as a part of a compaction.

Yamini Joshi wrote:
Just a thought, will forcing a major compaction take care of this?
Merging smaller tablets and deleting empty ones?

Best regards,
Yamini Joshi

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Dickson, Matt MR