Hello all,

On one of our clusters, there are a good number of missing RFiles from
HDFS, however HDFS is not/has not reported any missing blocks.  We were
experiencing issues with HDFS; some flapping DataNode processes that needed
more heap.

I don't anticipate I can do much besides create a bunch of empty RFiles
(open to suggestions).  My question is, Is it possible that Accumulo could
have written the metadata for these RFiles but failed to write it to HDFS?
In which case it would have been re-tried later and the data was persisted
to a different RFile?  Or is it an 'RFile is in Accumulo metadata if and
only if it is in HDFS' situation?

Accumulo 1.8.1 on HDFS 2.6.0.

Thank you,
--Adam