Hello Josh,
Thank you for your time and suggestions.
I am setting the ACCUMULO_HOME variable and I see the logs in the proper
directory being updated on every reboot so this should not be the problem.
I do not get any error/warning is the syslog. Only the confirmation that the
service was started. If there is any other log that I can check please let me
know.
What is leading me to believe that it is a path/permission/variable issue, is
that the exact same script runs without any problem from the home directory
after the login.
Best regards, Maria.

    Στις 6:06 μ.μ. Τετάρτη, 8 Αυγούστου 2018, ο/η Josh Elser
<els...@apache.org> έγραψε:

 Every Accumulo service creates log files in the directory you specified
via the ACCUMULO_LOG_DIR environment variable in accumulo-env.sh

If you didn't define this, it likely defaults to ACCUMULO_HOME/logs.

Have you looked at your syslog or similar to understand what your init.d
script's output was? If Hadoop comes up correctly and you know your
steps work otherwise, it sounds like it might be a typo in your script.