Hi all,

I'm finally getting around to fixing up some deprecation issues with
our use of Kerberos with Accumulo and GeoMesa
(https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/). Because I didn't know any
better at the time, I used the KerberosToken ctor specifying that the
Hadoop user should be replaced. Combined with a thread to periodically
renew the ticket (calling
UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser.checkTGTAndReloginFromKeytab()),
this has worked nicely for us.

However, there are some unfortunate side effects of updating the
Hadoop user - for instance, subsequent HDFS operations use the new
user, who may not have the same permissions as the original user in a
Zeppelin-type notebook environment. Plus the replaceCurrentUser param
is deprecated and removed in Accumulo 2.0. So I'm keen on not
replacing the Hadoop user, but how do I handle ticket renewal?

Thanks very much,

James