thanx for your response... i thought that would be the best one to use;
spent my time yesterday trying to use the other one...
using the client i see there is a builder pattern and i was able to create
a simple test methods to verify it works:

*// this is just a simple example for anyone to get started*

*def scanRFile(filepath: String, user: String): Unit = {*

*  val rfileInputArgs: RFile.InputArguments = Rfile.newScanner*

*  val scanner: Scanner =
rfileInputArgs.from(filepath).withAuthorization(securityOps.getUserAuthorizations(user)).build*

*  scanner.iterator.asScala.foreach({ field => *
*    println(s"key => ${field.getKey}, value => ${field.getValue}")*

*  })}*

this is a great start and now i can work on integrating it into a
mapreduce/spark job
thanx again