You are correct that Ambari will grab the latest HDP 2.1.x maintenance
release repos if you are connected to the internet (for it to check for the
latest) and you select stack HDP 2.1.

But if you want to install an older version of HDP 2.1.x, do the following:

1) During install, on the Select Stack page, select HDP 2.1
2) Expand the Advanced Repository Options section
3) Enter the Base URL for the HDP 2.1.x version you wish to install
(overwriting the 2.1.7.0 repo entries that show up by default)

Looking at the docs here:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.3/index.html

The Base URL for HDP is
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.1.3.0 and