You can define your own stack. I believe bigtop is already trying that out
with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1407

HDP is one such stack that is working now. Nobody is preventing anyone here
to add their own stacks. Why even stop at hadoop stacks? You could define
your own stack to manage a cassandra cluster.