Thanks for the clarification Subin.  I'd be fine with moving the code into the
Ambari repo if it makes sense to do so, but I think it would be much simpler to
just use Github and pull requests for the client.  It's not a big project and
can easily be managed that way.  I also don't want it to depend on maven or
other Java ecosystem tools in order to test it.  I want to remove barriers to
people being able to contribute.  People working on the Python client are going
to be primarily Python developers that need to integrate the Ambari API, not
Ambari developers, and Python developers generally kind of expect to use Python
testing tools and to submit a pull-request to contribute.

As for the current Python client, it doesn't seem like anyone works on it.
It's broken for some basic functionality in recent releases, and I was the only
one contributing patches to fix those problems afaict.

I never intended for this to be a solo project.  We just needed a client that
met our needs quickly, and trying to fix the current client was proving
frustrating.  I asked about rewriting it, but was shot down, so I finally gave
up and just wrote my own.  I think it's a much better client, so I released it
to see if others wanted to join efforts.

In the end, it doesn't matter to me all that much if it's the official client,
but I'd hate for others to put their efforts into rewriting or fixing up the
official client when it would make more sense to work together, IMO.

So, I guess that leaves us at:

1. Does the client need to live in the Apache repos?  Many open source projects
leave the clients separate from the server code, and it generally makes sense
to do things this way so client developers can do what makes sense for their
language's ecosystem.
2. Is anyone else actually working on the Python client, or wanting to?  Which
approach would they prefer?

Greg