I may have been hasty in my diagnosis.  It doesn't appear to start even after
hdfs is up and running fine.  I'll dig more and see if I can figure out the
real culprit here.

Greg

From: Greg <greg.h...@rackspace.com<mailto:greg.h...@rackspace.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:51 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>"
<user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: problem with historyserver on secondary namenode

Trying to use ambari 1.7.0 to provision and hdp 2.2 cluster.  The layout I'm
using has the yarn history server on the same host as the secondary namenode
(the primary namenode is on another host), but it fails to start because it
tries to interact with hdfs before hdfs is ready.  Here's a gist with the error:

https://gist.github.com/jimbobhickville/a25cef3a2355fc273984

Is this a bug in Ambari?  Is there any way for me to control this behavior via
configuration or in my stack layout?  I imagine this type of scenario has to
have come up previously.

Greg