You can update the values, but you’ll need to us the APIs to do this. When
sending a new “source” element, you need to include all fields - it will not
merge omitted source child elements in with the existing source:

PUT api/v1/clusters/<cluster-name>/alert_definitions/<definition-id>

{
  "AlertDefinition" : {
    "source" : {
      "type": "SCRIPT",
      "path": "alert_disk_space.py",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "minimum.free.space",
          "display_name": "Minimum Free Space",
          "value": 5000000000,
          "type": "NUMERIC",
          "description": "The overall amount of free disk space left before an
alert is triggered.",
          "units": "bytes",
          "threshold": "WARNING"
        },
        {
          "name": "percent.used.space.warning.threshold",
          "display_name": "Warning",
          "value": 0.5,
          "type": "PERCENT",
          "description": "The percent of disk space consumed before a warning
is triggered.",
          "units": "%",
          "threshold": "WARNING"
        },
        {
          "name": "percent.free.space.critical.threshold",
          "display_name": "Critical",
          "value": 0.8,
          "type": "PERCENT",
          "description": "The percent of disk space consumed before a critical
alert is triggered.",
          "units": "%",
          "threshold": "CRITICAL"
       }
     ]
  }
}

On Jun 18, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Sumit Mohanty