I am running three kerberized Hadoop clusters and am moving from Ambari 1.7 to
2.0.1
(Actually Hortonworks HDP 2.2.0 to 2.2.6 on RHEL6)

I have two main questions around how Ambari controls certain users -in
particular hdfs and Ambari-qa

Firstly, how do I add the hdfs user to new groups? I want to use to a java
debugging tool and want the process running datanodes to be able to write to
certain directories. If I add the groups manually then I think Ambari
overwrites them later on.

Secondly. The hdfs user is defined as headless, or site wide. Does this mean
that it is supposed to be shared among multiple clusters on the same site? But
I have one Ambari instance per cluster, and they all seem to think they own the
Hdfs user. This probably does not matter to most people until you realise that
when kerberized Ambari controls its keytab and thus its ability to authenticate
with the KDC. ONe Ambari instance might invalidate the hdfs user in another

Alex

Sent from my iPad