From: Jayesh Thakrar
Date: Thursday, 9 July 2015 19:27
To: Ambari User
Subject: Re: Amabri - with custom java - version

Although not supported with Ambari 2.0, we are using it today.
To do so, during Ambari server s/w install specify custom Java and give its
path.
Note that Java should be at the same location on all servers.

Once you do that, the /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties properties file
will have that path for the property "java.home".
E.g. here's ours -

java.home=/dotomi/java/jdk
java.releases=jdk1.7,jdk1.6
jdk1.6.desc=Oracle JDK 1.6
jdk1.6.dest-file=jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
jdk1.6.home=/usr/jdk64/
jdk1.6.jcpol-file=jce_policy-6.zip
jdk1.6.jcpol-url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/jce_policy-6.zip
jdk1.6.re=Creating (jdk.*)/jre
jdk1.6.url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
jdk1.7.desc=Oracle JDK 1.7
jdk1.7.dest-file=jdk-7u67-linux-x64.tar.gz
jdk1.7.home=/usr/jdk64/
jdk1.7.jcpol-file=UnlimitedJCEPolicyJDK7.zip
jdk1.7.jcpol-url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/UnlimitedJCEPolicyJDK7.zip
jdk1.7.re=(jdk.*)/jre
jdk1.7.url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/jdk-7u67-linux-x64.tar.gz