I'm working on enabling views, and there's an issue in that the ambari server
is known locally on the cluster as 'ambari.local', but has a fqdn for external
access.  The fqdn looks something like:

ambari-$uuid.domain.com

For some reason, when I try to configure the CAPACITY-SCHEDULER view, if I let
Ambari generate the API url, it uses ambari.local as the hostname and that
hostname doesn't match the SSL certificate, so the view fails to connect due to
SSL errors.  If I put in the real URL, Ambari complains that it's invalid and
rejects the View Instance creation.  It's a valid domain name, so I don't know
why Ambari is rejecting it.  Here's an example:

https://ambari-788df910ee9f23cad74712226f55b56f.cbdptest.com:443/api/v1/clusters/mycluster

I don't know it if dislikes the hyphen, or if it thinks the domain is too long,
or what.  I know that I've run into domain validators in the past that misread
the spec and thought the entire domain name had to be shorter than 64
characters, when in fact, just each section of it does.  And hyphens are
allowed as well.   It just says that the url needs to have a protocol, domain
name, port, and cluster name.  If I change just the domain name to something
else like 'ambari.com', it accepts it, but the view is broken because it's the
wrong URL.

Is there any way I can tell Ambari to skip validation until it can be corrected?

Greg