From: Alejandro Fernandez
<afernan...@hortonworks.com<mailto:afernan...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 12:29 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>"
<user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>, Greg
<greg.h...@rackspace.com<mailto:greg.h...@rackspace.com>>
Subject: Re: MYSQL_SERVER install failing 100% of the time now

Actually, Hive MySQL should exclude mysql-community-release when not installing
a new MySQL Server.
Its params_linux.py contains,

# There are other packages that contain
/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar (like libmysql-java),
# trying to install mysql-connector-java upon them can cause packages to
conflict.
if hive_use_existing_db:
  hive_exclude_packages = ['mysql-connector-java', 'mysql', 'mysql-server',
                           'mysql-community-release', 'mysql-community-server']
else:
  if 'role' in config and config['role'] != "MYSQL_SERVER":
    hive_exclude_packages = ['mysql', 'mysql-server', 'mysql-community-release',
                             'mysql-community-server']
  if os.path.exists(mysql_jdbc_driver_jar):
    hive_exclude_packages.append('mysql-connector-java')

In metainfo.xml, redhat7 installs mysql-community-release
        <osSpecific>
          <osFamily>redhat7</osFamily>
          <packages>
            <package>