From: Discovery <wl_...@qq.com<mailto:wl_...@qq.com>>
Date: Monday, December 5, 2016 at 3:34 AM
To: user <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: How can I change the default stack version and build id?

Hi Ambari experts,

                     I have a requirement for defining my own stack with
following the Ambari rule, from my understanding, HDP is just one of the
defined stacks, when I try to define a new HDP-similar stack and package all
RPMs, how I can make Ambari knows and find my own HDP-similar installation
packages. For example, myownstack-1.0.0.0-1234 .

                    Where does the Ambari python code read the stack
version/build id? And where does the version-reading Python code locate in
Ambari source code? Now I find Ambari always read HDP stack and version RPM
when doing installation.:-(

                    I do not know if I need to define my own files as below in
the HDP-similar package?
                   <cid:3609FA01@B1C5ED64.CB504558> 3609FA01@B1C5ED64.CB504558

                 Hopefully I have described the problem clearly, ;-) Thanks you
in advance!