Hi ,

I am seeing one weird behavior with HDP  2.4 with Ambari 2.2 . We have
automated the HDP cluster creation and resize process using REST APIs. The
problem I am seeing is as soon as the cluster comes up I add another host
with host group "edge" having all clients . Somehow the request goes to
ambari server and gets stuck in PENDING state from AMBARI UI.
In ambari server logs I am seeing this -

*TopologyManager.processRequest: host name = bluedata-73.bdlocal was
DECLINED_PREDICATE by LogicalRequest ID = 1*
*13 Dec 2016 10:49:58,864  INFO [qtp-ambari-client-33] TopologyManager:541
- TopologyManager.processRequest: host name = bluedata-73.bdlocal was
DECLINED_PREDICATE by LogicalRequest ID = 10*

However after some time when I manually run the same script to add this
host it seems to work fine and the host is correctly added. I speculated
that  *DECLINED_PREDICATE *may be because some other requests were pending
so added some sleep in my script but it still kept getting stuck with
*DECLINED_PREDICATE.*

I looked at the TopologyManager code also but nothing seems to be clear for
when would you get DECLINED_PREDICATE while trying to add host.

Can someone please help me with this ?

Thanks,
Kartik