From: Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apply custom service configs using Rest API
Date: Thu, Mar 9, 2017 4:10 PM

Ambari upgrade should not affect your custom service in any way.

Depending on what version of Ambari you are on, you might have to back up your service definition that you placed in the Ambari server resources/common-services and resource/stacks dirs.

We have a script to aid config backup / restore. Although unlikely you would need it unless using an older Ambari version in which rpm over-wrote service definition.

Location: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh

Newer version: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py

BR,

Sid